The Rural Surrey LEADER Programme is run by a Local Action Group (LAG) comprising people from land-based business, commerce, public and charity sectors in the area.
The Local Action Group sets the priority themes and makes the grant award decisions. We have a number of places on the LAG to fill and membership is open to everyone.
We need representatives for the 6 priority areas so if you have a particular interest in one or more of these and you would like to join the LAG please contact Cathy Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Development Strategy
The Local Action group have prepared a new Rural Surrey LEADER - Local Development Strategy which outlines the priorities and objectives for the Programme and the key activities which will be the focus of investment. Key activities are:
- Growing Surrey's economy through supporting rural start-up busineses and encouring the growth of established businesses either on or off farms
- Making Surrey's agriculture and horticulture more competitive and sustainable
- Maximising the potential of Surrey's metropolitan proximity, local economies and communities through rural tourism
- Supporting the effective management of Surrey's woodlands, therefore increasing productivity and adding value to the wood products
- Making Surrey's rural areas better places to live through the improvement of rural services and facilities
- Preserving and promoting Surrey's rural culture and heritage